February 28, 2019 is the due date for various Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business filing and payment deadlines. The details of these deadlines are as follows:
- T4’s T4A’s, T5’s & T5018’s must be issued by this date for the 2018 calendar year
- Goods and Services Tax (GST) filers filing and payment deadline for the following reporting periods
- Quarterly filers with a January, April, July or October year-end
- Monthly filers, or
- Annual filers with a November year-end
- Corporation income tax balance owing for August year-ends if the corporation is a CCPC*
- Corporation income tax filing deadline for May tax year-ends
Please note that when the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or a public holiday recognized by the CRA, payment is considered on time if it is received on the next business day. Also note that if you do not file on time, the CRA may charge a penalty, and if you have an overdue amount, the CRA will charge you interest.
Are you on top of your filing and payments? Do you need assistance with filing or paying one of the items listed above? We understand that these dates can get confusing; we are here to help make sure that you don’t miss another deadline!
* Canadian Controlled Private Corporation